12 Jun Summer BBQ Turkey for Garden Dinner
Although it is raining/cloudy all the time recently, we still a big fan of BBQ. Nothing can be compared to hold a nice, big BBQ with friends and family during summer weekend.
Last weekend, we set up the BBQ equipment at our balcony with family, somehow it was really cosy and relaxing to do BBQ during raining weather. The sounds of the rain touched the ceiling and ground, the gentle breeze cool down the heat from Summer, we sat on the sofa with mulled wine (I know it’s for Christmas, but it was so nice to have it) and delicious BBQ turkeys – one of my best weekend in my life.
So today, we are going to share our BBQ recipe for this rainy day- well, BBQ is not only for sunny days but for whenever you are craving for it.
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Cumin
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
½ Sea Salt
3 Tbsp Red Palm Oil
2 drum sticks- Turkey legs
How to do it
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat or if you are using oven, preheat the oven with 150 degree.
- Mix all dry ingredients (garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, sea salt) in a bowl and put the drum sticks in.
- Make sure all the seasoning ingredients are nicely cover the drum sticks. (I like to leave it for 1-2 hours for better flavour)
- Wrapped the turkey legs with foil paper and put it on the grill for 15-20 minutes.
- Open the foil paper to check whether the meat is cooked, if not, leave it for appropriate time.
- The meat will be moisture and juicy, pour out the soup from foil to a small bowl and put the turkey legs on the grill for a few minutes to give it a nice, crispy skin.
- Platting, sit back, and relax- enjoy this finger licking meal with your family/friends.
The portion of this recipe is good for a person to enjoy or it is easy to convert to a bigger portion. Don’t forget to prepare a little more as this juicy turkey legs will not let you stop craving them.
Hope you enjoy this recipe and share your BBQ turkey legs to us.