25 Feb Italian style English Rose Turkey steaks
Posted at 16:00h in Recipes
Summer is at the corner, no matter you are on diet, training, or want to eat healthy. Grove Smith Turkeys shares its low-calorie recipe “Ultimate Turkey supper for Serious Slimmers- Italian style English Rose Turkey steaks” made by the award-winning English Rose Turkey, to give you some inspiration for your daily menu.
- 2 x bags of Jersey royal potatoes
- 4 x tbsps of Fat free vinaigrette
- 3 x tbsps of Tomato puree
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 x Cloves of garlic (2 x tsps of Lazy Garlic)
- 1 x tbsps of Dried basil
- 4 x English Rose Turkey steaks
- 2 x tbsps of Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper & frylight
- Put the potatoes on to steam for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the broccoli and green beans and baby sweetcorn and steam for 15 minutes.
- Mix the tomato puree, lemon juice, garlic and basil into a bowl to create the topping for the English Rose turkey steaks.
- Arrange the steaks in a single layer in an ovenproof dish and coat them evenly with the mixture. Turn them over and do the same for the other side.
- Spray with frylight and put under the grill for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the steaks with the balsamic vinegar and flip over to grill the other side for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile drain the potatoes and cover with the fat free vinaigrette, making sure to cover the potatoes thoroughly in the vinaigrette. Season well with salt & pepper.
- Mash the potatoes with a fork and keep warm until the steaks are cooked through.
- Serve the steaks with the veg and crushed potatoes.