12 Apr Easter Turkey Recipe with Cranberry Chutney
Posted at 08:47h in Recipes
Make this Easter Special with a Special English Rose Turkey recipe
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 English Rose Fresh Whole Turkey
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 cup brandy
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup cranberry jelly
- In medium saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, vinegar, thyme and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, 20 to 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Chutney is best made a day ahead of serving, if possible.
- Cook whole bird as specified on the package. Roast until timer pops up and turkey is fully-cooked, 180°F as measured by a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh. Juices should run clear. Let turkey stand 20 minutes before carving.
- Heat butter and pan drippings in same roasting pan over medium heat until butter is melted. Add flour and brandy. Cook, stirring 1 to 2 minutes, until thickened. Gradually add broth and cranberry jelly, stirring constantly. Stir until no lumps remain. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve turkey with cranberry chutney and gravy